Contains all ECU/TCU connections from the 10 Way Connector for most engine or transmission combinations.
Products that can use this harness
Click here to download the PDF of the M02 – P2 V2 Harness
M02 – P2 V2 Harness Drawing
• This old style Level 1 harness was part of the economy series for Mercury and some people still prefer them today to save on expenses. The harness contains all ECU/TCU connections from the 10 Way Connector for most engine or transmission combinations.
Design Points to take Notice of.
• This harness has 6 positive drivers used for Smart Coils with built in drivers or solenoids or other features.
• It has the Mechanical and Electronic Relay Outputs. Never mix these connections as the mechanical relay can damage the sensitive Electronic relay output rendering both disabled.
• It has 2 Clean Power inputs from Relay 1 required for the positive drivers. Do not bring this power from the ignition directly or do not use the same power supplied to injectors and coils or any inductive loads. Clean power is for electronics and resistive circuits like Lambda element. On transmissions they are used with solenoids because the solenoids have freewheel diodes to eliminate spikes.
• The power wires to and from the relays are not included and relays and fuse boxes should be added for circuit protection. There should also be Diodes for protection wired into the harness for protecting against Inductive spikes. Ensure relay numbers are correct according to the drawing. See the power relay connections in the manual for correct wiring of these components.
Wire Names and connections on this harness:
6x Positive outputs (Striped Red)
Mechanical Relay Output (Blue/Red)
Electronic Relay Output (Blue/Black)
2x Clean 12V Power Supply Inputs via Relay 1 (Red)
See the design drawing for thickness and lengths or wires. See the connection drawings in the specific product manual on how to connect the harness to each item it was designed for.
NB! Wires that are not connected must be isolated to prevent shorts or interference.